SAWA Maroula Oil
Marula oil is made from the fruit of the Marula tree, which is native to Africa. Referred to as a "luxury" oil by some, this antioxidant-rich oil is obtained from the kernels of the fruits of Marula tree. It's mostly composed of oleic acid and linoleic acid, as well as procyanidin, catechins and flavanoids. Marula oil offers antioxidants, hydrates the skin and is claimed to help restore a radiant tone.
Sawa Marula oil is organic unrefined, cold pressed oil extracted from the seeds of the centre shell of the Marula fruit. It’s rich in vitamin C, tocopherol (Vitamin E) and Omega 6 and 9.
- Marula oil is high in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and amino acids
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the skin
- Perfect for fighting free radicals that promote premature skin aging
- Effective at keeping hair soft, supple and moisturized
- Apply 3-4 drops of Marula Oil and massage directly twice daily into the preferred area of skin.
- For easily and naturally smooth down hair, apply 2-6 drops of Marula Oil to the ends of the hair and slowly move upward to work the oil into the rest of the hair and scalp.
- Use also as a massage oil.
- Use for all skin types.
Pure organic cold pressed non deodorized Marula (Sclerocarya Birrea) Seeds oil.
CAUTION: Keep out of the reach of children
- Liquid: at 25 °C
- Color: light gold to light amber
- Odor: varies – lightly nutty, pleasant scent
- Taste: lightly nutty
- Specific Gravity: 0.88 - 0.94
- Iodine Value: 70 – 80 g/100g
- OSI (Rancimat): 34 – 35 h
- Saponification: 178 – 199 mg (KOH/g)
Fatty Acid Composition
- Miristic Acid C14:0 <1%
- Palmitic Acid C16:0 9-12%
- Palmitoleic Acid C16:1 0-3% (omega 7)
- Stearic Acid C18:0 5-8%
- Oleic Acid C18:1 65-78% (omega 9)
- Linoleic Acid C18:2 4-7% (omega 6)
- a-linolenic Acid C18:3 0-3% (omega 3)
- Arachic Acid C20:0 <1%
Product of Namibia